Legal Question in Consumer Law in New York

Wedding is canceled.

I canceled the catering hall and the wedding band 3 months in advance. The contracts say no refunds on deposits paid out. Does this really apply or is there something I can do.

Asked on 1/06/08, 9:08 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Anthony Colleluori The Law Offices of Anthony J. Colleluori & Associates PLLC

Re: Wedding is canceled.

You should sue to get part of the contract returned to you. If it was for less that 3k you go to small claims court. IF it is for more you may find a lawyer is necessary.

If you would like to speak to me about this, you may contact me through the links below.

Good Luck

Read more
Answered on 1/06/08, 9:33 pm
John Steele Steele Law Firm

Re: Wedding is canceled.

If you signed an agreement for no refunds, then no refunds. The contract sounds reasonable.

Read more
Answered on 1/06/08, 10:49 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Consumer Law questions and answers in New York