Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in New York

my daughter's mother has failed to pay tuition for her private school. I'm being sued by the school for non payment. we were never married and I never signed an agreement, nor have I registered her to this school. Her mother took cae of all of this and I was helping her pay for tuition. It was NOT part of our child support agreement, I helped with the money voluntarily. Does the school have a right to come after me for this money? They say we owe $3700.

Asked on 9/28/11, 1:48 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

David Slater David P. Slater, Esq.

I do not see how you are liable if you did not agree.

Read more
Answered on 10/03/11, 11:35 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in New York