Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in New York


Recently i was taken to small claims court in New York and the ruling was decided that i owe $5,000. Owning no property, vehicles, no savings accounts, etc, my only income is through 2 paychecks a month, totaling under $35,000 a year. How do I begin the process to propose a payment plan to pay off the $5,000?

There is lots of info for the "winning" person to collect it via the courts, but i want to be proactive to try to avoid the additional hassle and fees.


Asked on 2/26/10, 1:58 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Locksley Wade Law Office of Locksley O. Wade

Make a reasonable offer with a schedule of payments or perhaps a lump sum payment, such as, fifty cents on the dollar directly to the prevailing party.

Read more
Answered on 3/04/10, 4:40 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in New York