Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in New York

I live on Long Island,Suffolk county NY.I am being sued by my mothers nursing home for paymentt.I did sign papers thinking they were just for admitting her.I cant afford a lawyer.The case has progressed where they have filed a CPLR 3126 against me.How do I respond to this in court or before court?My court date is Nov.20.I have till Nov 22 according to this paper.I am 65,retired ,no assets.Own a coop with no equity.Thank you for your help. Marilyn

Asked on 11/05/13, 5:03 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Kevin Connolly Kevin J. Connolly

You can't afford not to consult a lawyer. Especially since the consult is free. I went thru the same exercise with my dad and it worked out just fine. Mom will be ok and you will not be bankrupt, but there are things you need to do. 516-242-1453. [email protected]

Read more
Answered on 11/05/13, 1:41 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in New York