Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in New York

If a person has not paid for a month and a half of their aarons or rent a center furniture, can that person be arrested for possession of aarons or rent a center property in Ny state or will the balance you owe be put on your credit along with a court judgement?

Asked on 5/06/11, 10:27 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Paula McGill Paula McGill Attorney at Law

In general, a failure to pay in accordance with a contract is a civil matter. As a result, they have several avenues in the civil courts, including a monetary judgment, lien, and/or repossession of the furniture.

However, in your case, there might be exceptions to this general rule.

Licensed and Practicing in New York.

Read more
Answered on 5/11/11, 5:43 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in New York