Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in New York

I won a civil court case

The defendant has paid back partial of the balance owed

The defendant resides in new location of same state and purchased a house

I do not know where they work or who they bank with

I understand I might be able to put a lien on the home so they can't sell until I am paid, however if they never leave their home then this also goes no where.

Can I enforce (thru the legal channels) a real property lien on their home, while I attempt to research where they work or bank and freeze if I do find anything?

Asked on 6/09/21, 7:35 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

David Slater David P. Slater, Esq.

A deposition, in aid of execution , should help you locate assets.

Read more
Answered on 6/10/21, 3:31 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in New York