Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in New York

two years ago someone who i lead money to went bankrupt and named me as one of the creidtors how do i go after his assets

Asked on 9/29/13, 3:15 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Paula McGill Attorney at Law

You have to check the case. If he filed for 7 or 13 and everything was discharged, you may not sue him to obtain a judgment. If the case was dismissed, you may have the opportunity to sue him and obtain a judgment. Check with a local bankruptcy or collections attorney. The attorney will be able to look up the case for you and discuss your rights, if any.

Also licensed in New York.

Read more
Answered on 10/01/13, 4:41 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in New York