Legal Question in Criminal Law in New York

I was arrested last year and the case was dismissed after completing a class. I am going to apply to medical school this year and wanted to know more about getting my arrest record expunged.

Asked on 6/25/12, 12:16 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Emile Barton Law Offices of Emile J. Barton

If you have had the charges against you were dismissed, and you want to keep the charges private, so that you may further your educational opportunities, then you may want to have your criminal record sealed.

Sealing your criminal record in New York would prevent a majority of the public from being able to view your record. It will be possible for others to view your record under a limited number of circumstances. In New York, your record can be released to the public for example if you were to apply for a pistol permit, or for various types of governmental employment.

Read more
Answered on 6/26/12, 2:33 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in New York