Legal Question in Criminal Law in New York

attempted rape

my husband was accused of this felony. what to do?

Asked on 4/11/08, 12:48 am

3 Answers from Attorneys

Carlos Gonzalez Gonzalez Legal Associates PLLC

Re: attempted rape

This is an EXTREMELY serious charge and the possible penalties on such a charge could be VERY lengthy jail sentencing.

It is extremely urgent that you ensure he is as best protected as he can be while facing these charges.

The first question is are you able to afford private counsel, which on a chaarge like this you should absolutely try and secure for your husband. If you are not able to hire private counsel the you will find yourself, and his case, at a disadvaantage. However, you may be able to compensate to some degree by taking an extremely active role in his case, and with communication with his attorney... whomever that may be.

The next question, wgich would have a huge bearing on the case is the age of the alleged victim... is the alleged victim under 17?

My firm regularly handles cases like this, please feel free to contact us for a free phone consultation. You may reach us directly at 212.709.8303

Read more
Answered on 4/11/08, 8:12 am


Re: attempted rape

The first and most important thing to do is hire an experienced attorney.

We have substantial experience handling these types of cases, however, we would need some more information before making a complete and proper determination. You are welcome to contact us for a free consultation.

Law Offices of


101 Avenue of the Americas, 15th Floor

New York, New York 10013


[email protected]

The information provided by The Law Offices of Steven J. Czik (LOSJC) is for general educational purposes only. There is no attorney-client relationship established by this communication and no privilege attaches to such communication. LOSJC is not taking and will not take any action on your behalf and will not be considered your attorney until both you and LOSJC have signed a written retainer agreement. There are strict deadlines, called statutes of limitation, within which claims or lawsuits must be filed. Therefore, if you desire the services of an attorney and decide not to retain LOSJC on terms acceptable to LOSJC, you are advised to immediately seek the services of another attorney.

Read more
Answered on 4/11/08, 11:26 am
Christopher Hoyt The Law Offices of Christopher W. Hoyt

Re: attempted rape

Your husband should get a criminal attorney right away and not speak with anyone about the allegations until he has consulted with the attorney. Please feel free to contact my office if we may be of any assistance in this matter.

Read more
Answered on 4/11/08, 12:50 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in New York