Legal Question in Criminal Law in New York

If the DA dismisses in the interest of justice. Can I still bring a civil suit against the parties that had me arrested?

Asked on 3/05/15, 4:44 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Barry Janay Law Office of Barry E. Janay

That's entirely possible. You may have a case against the both the party that called the police on you and the police if the arrest was not warranted. More information is needed to properly analyze whether you have a case or not.

Read more
Answered on 3/05/15, 6:41 am
Eric Rothstein Rothstein Law PLLC

You can not sue for malicious prosecution but you can sue for false arrest.

Read more
Answered on 3/06/15, 3:38 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in New York