Legal Question in Criminal Law in New York

My daughter is 20 years old and was arrested for shoplifting with another girl at Kohls. This is s first offense. She is a straight A college student studying to be a special education teacher. She knows she made a stupid mistake. Now we are all terrified that this will ruin her future. She was issued a notice to appear in court in two weeks. We want to know if she can get this record sealed. Please help.

Asked on 2/03/16, 5:06 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Tanya Gendelman Law Offices of Tanya Gendelman, P.C.

It may be a possibility to reduce the case, a lot depends on the prosecution. The best thing to do is to hire an experienced criminal defense attorney to handle this matter.

Feel free to email my office at: [email protected] and/or call 718-616-1414, to discuss this matter further. We offer reasonable rates for representation.

Best Regards,

Tanya Gendelman, Esq.

Read more
Answered on 2/03/16, 6:58 am

Robert Evans Robert S. Evans esq.

I certainly can help. Since it is her first offense there are ,depending on the jurisdiction,usually diversion programs that will prevent a defendant from getting a criminal record. There are also plea bargain opportunities that will achieve the same result. For more specific advice please contact my office @ 718-834-0087 for a free phone consultation. Also please visit my web-site

Read more
Answered on 2/03/16, 7:51 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in New York