Legal Question in Criminal Law in New York

I got a disorderly conduct ticket 240.20.3 for saying to an MTA Ticket officer "why the fu+k are you yelling at me?" after trying to get information on how to get back home, since the train was not running. The police standing nearby lectured me that I could not curse in a public space, and I was like " you're not my daddy", and thus I got a ticket. I'm really busy working, I don't have time with court. What kind of punishment can I expect if I plead guilty just to get it over with? And how long would it take to fight this? I have a clean record. Will this mess up my record in any serious way?

Asked on 10/20/13, 9:38 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Eric Rothstein Rothstein Law PLLC

This can be fought. If court is at 346 Broadway you can hire a lawyer to appear for you and you do not have to go to court yourself. I handle these often.

Read more
Answered on 10/21/13, 3:09 am

Robert Evans Robert S. Evans esq.

AN Attorney can appear for you with proper authorization. In most cases the charges will either be dismissed or plead to without resulting in a criminal record. You may contact my office @ 7188340087 for a free phone consultation.

Read more
Answered on 10/21/13, 9:09 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in New York