Legal Question in Criminal Law in New York

false arrest

i was in my home whe i realized some noise outside. i stepped out saw some plain clothes cops outside on my property.i asked why are u on my propertythey said this is police investigation and cursed at me.with no warrant. he then said i'm under arrest for oga(obstructing government administration.can i fight this if so then how?

Asked on 1/13/07, 10:31 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Joel Salinger Law Office of Joel R. Salinger

Re: false arrest

Yes you can fight this. you need an attorney to reconstruct the situation and get all discovery from the District Attorney. More than that you need to discuss with your attorney. anything that I would advise you at this time would not be effective since I do not have anymore information.

Read more
Answered on 1/14/07, 9:21 pm

Carlos Gonzalez Gonzalez Legal Associates PLLC

Re: false arrest

You can absolutely fight these charges but this will take two very diffrent stages. FIRST you should fight the criminal case by hiring an attorney to defend you in this case. My office specializes in criminal defense and I would be more than happy to assist you on this case.

You can also hire an attorney to file a civil lawsuit against the police department for the false arrest. My office also handles these types of civil rights cases. Generally you may be able to win a substantial amount of money on such a case, depending on the facts of your case.

You can contact my office through email or call us directly at 2127098303

Read more
Answered on 1/14/07, 2:11 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in New York