Legal Question in Criminal Law in New York

finding proper forms

I need a notice of petition, and a order to gain access to an arrest warrant in warren county NY.Where can I get these? no one seems to have them available.We cannot proceed without them.

Asked on 10/30/05, 1:11 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Andrew Nitzberg Andrew Nitzberg & Associates

Re: finding proper forms

Your question does not use 'legal jargon' and I am not sure of the problem.

1. You can get a copy of a warrant that was issued against you if an arrest has been made with what is called an 'omnibus notion'.

2. Of you want to get someone arrestedor have a warrant issued against them; that is done by the police or district atorney and not by you.

3. If there is a civil (non-criminal) case and you want to get a warrant issued by the police for your case, then you make a motion for 'court ordered discovery'. That would be a 'so-ordered subpoena duces tecum'.

If you let me know what you want, I can be specific in my response.

Andrew Nitzberg

Read more
Answered on 10/30/05, 7:19 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in New York