Legal Question in Criminal Law in New York

I was issued an appearance ticket for a noise ordinance violation and I went to my appearance where I plead not guilty. The judge handed me a supporting deposition and on the paper he handed me it says "the people of the state of new york Against 'my name' and then it has my date of birth writteb next to it. Only problem is, the date of birth typed on this paper says 10/08/92 and my real birthday is 12/08/92. Does this typo on their behalf constitute a mistrail or is there any way for me to legally get out of this due to this?

Asked on 5/07/13, 12:18 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Arkady Bukh Bukh Law Firm, P.C.

No it is not likely, unless you can prove that they mean another person altogether. This is considered a transcribing mistake and not serious enough to dismiss the case.

Read more
Answered on 5/08/13, 6:46 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in New York