Legal Question in Criminal Law in New York

neighbor assaults son on upstairs (2nd floor) porch .Runs down stairs to his first floor apartment. Calls police , And claims to police that he was assaulted by my son. This happens right in front of me ! Police arrive .Refuse to take any statement from me or my sons girlfriend, who was staying with us .She is from out of town. (and she was witness to this too! ) Police issue appearance ticket to my son for harassment-2nd physical contact.What to do? Who to contact? This matter was handled by local (town) police. Should I talk to the state police ? The district attorney ? or strictly an attorney?

Asked on 6/02/13, 6:22 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Tanya Gendelman Law Offices of Tanya Gendelman, P.C.

You should hire a criminal defense attorney and do not talk to anyone else.

Read more
Answered on 6/02/13, 6:47 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in New York