Legal Question in Criminal Law in New York

If I took a plea bargain for probation and violated, can I then be resentenced under a new law that was passed almost 10 years after I was originally sentenced and carries more time?

Asked on 5/19/11, 8:44 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Stuart Austin Austin Law Associates, PC

You can only be sentenced for violating the charge for which you were convited.

Read more
Answered on 5/20/11, 5:17 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in New York