Legal Question in Criminal Law in New York

My son was arrested with drugs and some garbage jewelry I should have thrown out years ago. But he had my copy of elderly aunt's keys labeled "Anna's back door".He went to her first, she had identified them . My thief sister wants her assets, asking court for guardianship - says she is unsafe b/c he has stolen from her. My son having keys will prove it. I told cops he took it & explained why I won't press charges.Cop said no, he was, said my son told him he took stuff from his mother, and said he'll return it next day. My aunt will never press charges Can he or the ADA file these charges? Even If I say I gave it to him?

Asked on 1/26/12, 7:05 pm

2 Answer from Attorneys

Jason Stern Law Offices of Jason Stern

If your son was arrested and charged with possession of a controlled substance and possession of stolen property, your first priority should be obtaining representation for him and not speculating on what the DA may or may not do. What your son says (or doesn't say) to the police is far more important than his relationship with his aunt and grandmother.

If you need the assistance of an experienced Queens criminal defense attorney, you may contact my office.

Read more
Answered on 1/27/12, 3:37 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in New York