Legal Question in Criminal Law in New York

my son is facing very serious charges and I think his lawyer is not doing his job

Asked on 4/16/16, 2:39 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Carlos Gonzalez Gonzalez Legal Associates PLLC

You can always seek to hire another attorney, generally this is really your only other option. If your attorney is assigned based on this opinion it would be very difficult to get a change approved by the court, generally in order to get something like this approved you would have to show that there is a conflict between the attorney and client that hey cannot get over (only if you are seeking to change one public defender to another) if however you're seeking to hire another attorney it's as easy as doing just that... Meet with the other attorney, hire them and let them handling the paperwork to change on the court file (notice of appearance).

It is extremely important that a defendant have good and communicative representation, if you feel you're not getting this it is likely because you are not... I would advise you make a change!

Good luck, I wish you and your family a good outcome!

Feel free to contact us if you need further assistance.

Read more
Answered on 4/16/16, 3:10 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in New York