Legal Question in Criminal Law in New York

My son has pled guilty to class a misdemeanor for selling a small amount of pot.He has agreed to 60 days and 3 years probation. Now he is out of town and doesn't want to come back. What happens if he doesn't?

Asked on 5/02/12, 1:24 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Stuart Austin Austin Law Associates, PC

Possibly, they will issue a warrant for his arrest and may sentence him up to the maximum sentence based on his plea. It appears he pled to an A misd so his sentnece may be raised to one year in jail.

Read more
Answered on 5/03/12, 1:20 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in New York