Legal Question in Criminal Law in New York

I want to sue my stepfather for sexual child molestation. I was a victim of this crime in the mid 80's. The incident took place in Bronx, NY, however he currently resides in Hastings-on-Hudson, NY. I want to pursue a criminal case against him.

Asked on 6/29/13, 6:39 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Philip Katz Fink & Katz, PLLC

If you want to pursue a criminal case, your first step is to speak with the local District Attorney's office. They have a sex crimes unit that would listen to your story and determine if there is anything that could be done 20+ years after the fact and if your experience is one that they could successfully prosecute. Without the support of the District Attorney's office, there is little chance that a criminal case could be pursued.

Read more
Answered on 7/20/13, 9:06 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in New York