Legal Question in Criminal Law in New York

threatening a child

a man has threatened the life of my child several times verbally, & in writing. What legal action can i take? Can he be arrested? Can i get a stay away order or something?

Asked on 8/11/08, 7:36 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Sergey Mikhlin The Law Office of Sergey Mikhlin

Re: threatening a child

You may contact the police department or a complaint department of your local prosecutor's office and explain the situation to them. Make sure to retain all documentary evidence of the threats for the police/DA's review. If the police/ prosecutor's office feel that a criminal prosecution is warranted in this case, they will likely attempt to arrest the suspect and, at that point, the victim (your son) should be entitled to an order of protection.

Read more
Answered on 8/12/08, 2:17 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in New York