Legal Question in DUI Law in New York

at the arainment my case was call 12-45 pm was told to paid a fine and to do dwi class.they send me back at holding place and told me there was a me back at 8-30 for the warrant case they cannot find any info on that.they send me back to the holding placeuntil 10-30pm to see the judge this is the third time.they do back the orignal case this time they gave me a new trial date nov.13 the question is about the case what you do with this situation?

Asked on 11/11/09, 6:18 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

Stuart Austin Austin Law Associates, PC

There should be either a warrant number or a wanting jurisdiction on the connitment slip. Have your attorney call the wabting jurisdiction or the warrant squad in the local county or city to determine the validity and specifics of the warrant. Also, check to see if the warrant is from a fingerprint hit or from local (ie name dob) information

Good Luck

Read more
Answered on 11/16/09, 8:18 pm
Robert Evans Robert S. Evans esq.

More information is needed before answering your question. You may contact my office @7188340087 for a free phone consultation.

Read more
Answered on 11/17/09, 11:47 am

We have substantial experience handling these types of cases, however, we would need some more information before making a complete and proper determination. You are welcome to contact us for a free consultation.

Law Offices of


101 Avenue of the Americas, 15th Floor

New York, New York 10013


[email protected]

The information provided by The Law Offices of Steven J. Czik, P.C. (LOSJC) is for general educational purposes only. There is no attorney-client relationship established by this communication and no privilege attaches to such communication. LOSJC is not taking and will not take any action on your behalf and will not be considered your attorney until both you and LOSJC have signed a written retainer agreement. There are strict deadlines, called statutes of limitation, within which claims or lawsuits must be filed. Therefore, if you desire the services of an attorney and decide not to retain LOSJC on terms acceptable to LOSJC, you are advised to immediately seek the services of another attorney.

Read more
Answered on 11/17/09, 12:29 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Drunk Driving & DUI Law questions and answers in New York