Legal Question in Education Law in New York


My son is 15 yrs old he had a fight after school and was assaulted not on school grounds the boy is 17yrs old and he slammed my son on his head and my son went into a seizure i just want toknow what kind of charges can i file

Asked on 1/16/07, 12:36 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jason Stern Law Offices of Jason Stern

Re: Assault

I'm sorry to hear about your son and hope he is recovering well. You could go to your district/county attorney's office and file a criminal complaint.

You could also consider a civil suit against the school, particularly if school officials had knowledge of the attacker's violent propensities.

You may contact me by email for a free telephone consultation. Good luck!

Read more
Answered on 1/16/07, 12:47 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Education Law questions and answers in New York