Legal Question in Education Law in New York

unwanted special education services

My 5 year old special needs child will be ageing out of his special education preschool. I do not want him to attend special education on the K-12 level although that is the recommendation of the school and the district. Do I have to send him to a special education school?

Asked on 12/16/07, 10:46 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jason Stern Law Offices of Jason Stern

Re: unwanted special education services

If you disagree with the findings and recommendations of the CPSE/CSE, you have the right to request an Impartial Hearing at no cost to you, to persuade a Hearing Officer that your child no longer belongs/needs a special education setting/services.

If you need further assistance, you may contact my office via email or through

Happy Holidays!

Read more
Answered on 12/17/07, 11:44 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Education Law questions and answers in New York