Legal Question in Elder Law in New York

I have an elderly grandmother that might pass away sooner than the family would lke her too. She has a fabulous apartment that she would like to leave to her daughter . I am also her relative, my question today is will her daughter be able to keep the apartment , she is expecting her first child. the question is that the rent is stabilized, meaning we have a discount senior citizen rate , will her daughter be able to keep that same rate or will they skyrocket, She has to remain in this fabulous apartment and she is also on the lease. my name is lisa I a the granddaughter of the elderly tenant

Asked on 7/21/18, 5:15 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Locksley Wade Law Office of Locksley O. Wade

Yes, if she has succession rights. See

Read more
Answered on 7/21/18, 5:53 am
Richard Bryan Richard Bryan Attorney PC

Almost certainly the apartment is lost. But maybe not if you can play the succession rights law the right way.

Read more
Answered on 7/22/18, 1:37 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Elder Law questions and answers in New York