Legal Question in Elder Law in New York

My sister and I were both poa and left in my mothers will my sister recently got mad at me and took my mother to have poa absolved my mother has severe altzeimers for many years is it legal for my sister to do this

Asked on 6/12/17, 11:31 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Richard Bryan Richard Bryan Attorney PC

Where did your sister take your mother to have the Power of Attorney re-drafted? If she went to an attorney then the attorney has and obligation to ensure that your mother was acting of her own free will and was not being influenced by your sister, and that your mom had no defect in her thinking. If you think this was not done, then you need to see a lawyer who will review the new Power of Attorney and perhaps call the lawyer who prepared the new Power of Attorney for your sister. There are several steps you can take in this situation, and you'll have to see a lawyer to get the job done right.

Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 6/12/17, 8:38 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Elder Law questions and answers in New York