Legal Question in Family Law in New York

for the 1st time in 07 my husband assaulted me. I had followed all the steps, threw him out got a lawyer and filed for divorce. But I did not go through with it (which I'm kicking myself now).We have two kids together, we have a home together-which the deed and mortage is in my name,but we live in NY so I would have to sell or buy him out. We also have debt together. Now after I took him back everything was good for 6 months. Now we have this thing where we have a separate account he looked at all the bills and said that he would give me 2500 to deposit so I can pay the bills. He goes back on his word everytime he gets paid(which is once a month) he give me 2300,2100 now 2000 this month.The beginning of this month I scrabbled to get our Thanksgiving dinner together when he kept saying he didn't have any money.Found out he makes more than he says. I want to get the divorce NOW but i'm scared and have no money any advice for me??

Asked on 12/04/09, 10:01 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Daniel Clement Law Offices of Daniel Clement

You should retain an attorney. As part of the divorce your husband will be ordered to pay a set amount for child support and may be directed to pay a portion of the household expenses. If your husband is able, he may be ordered to pay some, if not all of your attorney's fees. If there is domestic violence, he may be removed from the marital home

Daniel Clement

Read more
Answered on 12/09/09, 10:40 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New York