Legal Question in Family Law in New York

I was 16 at the time I had my child. I did what i thought was right and I gave her up for adoption. The whole adoption process got flipped at the time of her birth. All i asked for in the adoption was quarterly pictures and a letter. It had been 6 years and i have recieved one picture and one letter. I contact my lawyer and she tells me she makes and effort but yet I get nothing. At this point I want to fight for either custody or visitation right but I dont know exactly what my next step is.

Asked on 4/29/10, 12:19 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys


You would have to file a petition in court.

Read more
Answered on 5/13/10, 10:38 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New York