Legal Question in Family Law in New York

Child support

My ex-husband is earning $40,000 more than the salary my child support is based on. How do i get the child support increased?

Asked on 11/07/07, 2:23 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

Michael Markowitz Michael A. Markowitz, PC

Re: Child support

You may make application to the Family Court for an increase in Child Support. However, the Court will not grant a modification unless it is over 24 months since the Judgment of Divorce or the last Family Court Order or unless there is a material change of circumstance.


Read more
Answered on 11/07/07, 2:45 pm

richard feldman richard d. feldman

Re: Child support

It depends old support was set and the change of circumstances.

Call for a free consultation

Read more
Answered on 11/07/07, 4:42 pm
Antoinette Wooten The Wooten Legal Consulting, PC

Re: Child support

You can include this new income by filing for a change in circumstances with Family Court.

Charles A. Whittier, Esq.

Read more
Answered on 11/07/07, 6:12 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New York