Legal Question in Family Law in New York

child support

My youngest son turned 21 on Sept. 21, 2008. I have paid all court mandated child support for many years, plus half of what ever expenses his mother presented to me. (Expenses such as paying for half of the son's new car, half of all college expenses, and many others.) Now his mother is serving me papers to go back to family court. She claims I have not paid enough over the years and is demanding more. Is there any loop hole in the law that would allow this to actually happen?

Thank you.

Asked on 9/27/08, 4:19 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Joel Salinger Law Office of Joel R. Salinger

Re: child support

There is not enough information in your question. If your divorce stipulation states that she can get reembursement for certain expenses or other contingencies then you could be responsible for further payments.

You should consult with an attorney bringing all of your paperwork to review and then determine the validity of her claim.

Joel R. Salinger, Esq.

Law Office of Joel R. Salinger

114 Old Country Road

Suite 440

Mineola, New York 11501


[email protected]

Read more
Answered on 9/28/08, 1:36 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New York