Legal Question in Family Law in New York

can i take my children and move from my home without telling my husband

Asked on 11/26/12, 2:10 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Paula McGill Attorney at Law

Why are you moving without notifying your husband first?

Do you plan to file for a formal separation or divorce?

How long do you intend to stay away from the home before filing for separation or divorce?

Answers to these questions are important before I can respond fully.

You might also consider taking the time and money for an in office consultation with an attorney. As long as you don't sign a retainer, you are not obligated to hire the attorney for your divorce or separation.

Also licensed and practicing in New York.

[email protected]


Read more
Answered on 11/26/12, 9:08 pm
Yefim Rubinov Yefim Rubinov Attorney at Law

You should consider talking to an attorney first.

Read more
Answered on 11/27/12, 5:34 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New York