Legal Question in Family Law in New York

My cousin living in NYS has been separated from his wife for 5 yrs. They haven't seen each other in 4 yrs.. She filed for divorce and after he signed the papers she has decided she does not want to process. What does he need to do to go forward in to obtain a divorce?

Asked on 7/08/13, 8:34 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Kristen Browde Browde Law, P.C.

That depends upon the status of the existing case - but if that's closed he should consult an attorney in the county in which he lives and file for divorce.

Read more
Answered on 7/08/13, 8:36 am

Jordan Trager Wisselman, Harounian & Associates, P.C.

He can file his own action for a divorce.

Read more
Answered on 7/08/13, 11:25 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New York