Legal Question in Family Law in New York

my daughter signed over my grandson to me in 2013 not through a court but on her own giving me guardianship over him and all decisions regarding him ( i have had him on and off since birth, more than she has). i carry his insurance and everything. she gave him to me because she wasn't being responsible with him for school, dr's, etc. she has 3 children i have the oldest 16, her ex husband has the second 13, and she has the third, 6 all different fathers. she is barely taking care of the one in her care, now she has decided she wants the 16 year old back. is there anything i can do to stop her from taking him?

Asked on 5/15/17, 7:18 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Philip Katz Fink & Katz, PLLC

Of course there is something you can do, you can oppose a termination of the Guardianship. Whether you will have a strong case to oppose or not, will rest entirely on the facts of your case.

Read more
Answered on 5/15/17, 7:27 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New York