Legal Question in Family Law in New York

In my divorce agreement my ex promised to pay me 35k for my interest in the marital residence. The house has now sold they are refusing to pay me a lump sum saying 'it says nothing about how long I have to pay) and is trying to pay me over 88 months to hurt me (the money from the house sale has been received). Is this legal?

Asked on 9/21/16, 12:45 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

David Zaslavsky The Law Office of David Zaslavsky, PLLC

You need to file a motion for enforcement.

Read more
Answered on 9/21/16, 3:14 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New York