Legal Question in Family Law in New York

In divorce stipulation there was a life insurance clause that stated ex needed to maintain a policy in kids name in trust by me and could not borrow change etc . In one part agreement states until youngest is emancipated and in an added clause it states until youngest reaches age 25. Youngest is emancipated but not 25. He changed beneficiaries and now has passed away. I was unaware of changes. Will I be able to fight the changes so that my children are the beneficiaries.

This is in New York state

Asked on 5/01/17, 5:00 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Philip Katz Fink & Katz, PLLC

The questions you ask require that you take the agreement and sit down with an attorney who has read the agreement to get accurate advise. Unfortunately, this is not the forum to receive good advice for a question of this nature

Read more
Answered on 5/02/17, 2:29 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New York