Legal Question in Family Law in New York

I have joint physical custody of my kids in new york state. My ex has joint custody with visitation.Can he take them out of state and not return them

Asked on 7/28/13, 12:31 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Daniel Scott Daniel U. Scott, Esq.

Regardless of the form of custody, it is not legal for one parent to relocate out of NY without either written permission from the other parent or a court order granting relocation.

Read more
Answered on 7/28/13, 12:35 pm

Jordan Trager Wisselman, Harounian & Associates, P.C.

He will need a court order to relocate with the chilren. If he relocates with the children without a court order you should hire an attorney immediately to bring an application against him in less than 6 months of the relocation.

Read more
Answered on 7/29/13, 7:54 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New York