Legal Question in Family Law in New York

how Is It Possible FOr A Judge To Have Me Continue Paying ChildSupport For My 21Yr Old SoN Who Is Living With HisGirlfriend And Their Child.He Has A Fulltime Job.we Are Separated But Still Married.My Son Is Not My Obligation But Bcuz MyFinancial Situation Didn't Change I Still Pay ThE Same Amount.I Have Two Other Children In NY,With Her.

Asked on 10/28/13, 1:39 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Paula McGill Attorney at Law

It is impossible to guess why the judge is forcing you to continue child suppport after 21. So, you should take the subject order to a local attorney to obtain advice on how to move forward. You may have to pay a small fee for the initial consultation. However, at this point it will be worth it.

Also licensed in New York.

Read more
Answered on 10/28/13, 6:43 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New York