Legal Question in Family Law in New York

I'm located in New York. In 1997 I applied for, and was approved, for Social Security Disability. In 2001 I agreed to a child support payment knowing I didn't have the resources to make the payment and on the advice of counsel that it would be in my best interest to do what the court asked and agree to the amount demanded by the hearing examiner. I have submitted a motion for downward modification and was denied. The reason for denial states that the amount is based on earning ability. How can I go about getting a fair hearing being that I am disabled and do not have any earning ability?

Asked on 10/13/13, 9:28 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Bruce Provda Provda Law Firm

I am not sure you mean when you say you "agreed" to a support payment you could not make. If this became an order of the court, you need an attorney to help sort this out.

Read more
Answered on 10/14/13, 10:38 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New York