Legal Question in Family Law in New York

majauskas formula

Is there a staute of limitations? My former husband just retired. We were divorced in 1993. He refuses to address my claim on his pension. He was ordered by the Court to give me 1/3 of accrued pension from 1973-1991- years of our marriage, back in 1993. He never did, and I was unable to take him back to Court at that time. Thank you.

Asked on 10/19/07, 3:28 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Joel Salinger Law Office of Joel R. Salinger

Re: majauskas formula

If there is a requirement for a Qualified Domestic Relations Order in a divorce, you can just have the order drawn up and filed with the administrator of your former husbands pension fund.

Contact an attorney.

Joel R. Salinger, Esq.

Read more
Answered on 10/20/07, 1:29 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New York