Legal Question in Family Law in New York

I'm been married for my wife 5 going on 6 yrs "In The State of New York". She wants to go and visted her mother, but she told me on Saturday, June 5, 2010 that her mother force her to move with her forever this was told by her mother on Thursday, June 3, 2010. Her mother doesn't want her to go back to me "In The State of New York" and forcing her to stay in her apartment "In The State of Florida". Not to go out and do anything at all. Is this consider kidnapping?

Asked on 6/05/10, 3:54 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Paula McGill Attorney at Law

This should be reasked under Florida because this is a Florida criminal question.

In any event, the first thing you should do is call the police in the county where your inlaw lives and tell them your wife is being kept against her will.


Read more
Answered on 6/05/10, 7:08 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New York