Legal Question in Family Law in New York

hi i am in the middle of a child custody case and the girlfreind got a ticket for driving my child w/out car seat can this be used in court the car seat was in trunk and car is owend by ex

Asked on 12/03/10, 2:47 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Paula McGill Attorney at Law

Definitely bring it up to the court. You will need evidence of the violation because she may lie about it.

If it was only one time, it may not adversely change the custody outcome. However, if this is one of many instances of irresponsible behavior, it is great information. At the minimum, the judge will admonish her for failing to put your child in the car seat.


1225 Franklin Avenue

Suite 325

Garden City, New York

Read more
Answered on 12/16/10, 10:34 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New York