Legal Question in Family Law in New York

I am presently separated from my husband but nothing is on paper. I live in the state of NY. Do we have to be separated on paper for a yr before we file for a divorce?

Asked on 10/09/13, 10:09 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Steve Brodsky Esq.

No, you do not need to be separated at all, on paper or otherwise.

Read more
Answered on 10/09/13, 10:12 am

Kristen Browde Browde Law, P.C.


Read more
Answered on 10/09/13, 10:14 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New York