Legal Question in Family Law in New York

reversal of New York State Custody Decision

I have been here before. But, my situation keeps getting worse.

I was wondering if anyone had any information about changing an order of custody. I have done everything that the court has told me to. He has done everything AGAINST the court order.

He has primary residential custody, while I have joint legal custody. That is on paper only. If it were up to him he would not even allow me to know where my children are.

He doesn't have to do any of the driving, I now live 2 hours away from them. He rarely has them call me, even thought the divorce decree states that he is supposed to have them call me back when I call and they aren't there.

He is always using the children to hurt me. He limits my time with them. He did something ''out of the kindness of his heart'' and he will never let me forget it. However, he uses it to threat me all the time.

My children are now 10 and 6.

Please . . .If anyone knows how to help me, please contact me. I NEED ALL THE HELP I CAN GET!

Thank you.


Asked on 5/16/04, 12:56 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

richard feldman richard d. feldman

Re: reversal of New York State Custody Decision

you need to have the court either grant or enforce a visitation order. you can call me at 516 466 LAWS to discuss your options

Read more
Answered on 5/17/04, 9:50 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New York