Legal Question in Family Law in New York

I am seeking a divorce but can't locate her to be served. I know approximately what city and state (North Carolina) where she was last known to live. Is there anything I can do to finalize a divorce without having her personally served? Thank you for any assistance in this matter.

Asked on 10/13/13, 4:01 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Alexander Tsiring The Tsiring Law Firm, P.C.

You can serve her publication in a newspaper, after you obtain permission from the court.

There is a special procedure to do that, but it is possible.

Read more
Answered on 10/14/13, 7:45 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New York