Legal Question in Family Law in New York

I have sole custody of our youngest child my X has sole custody of our oldest child as the boy demanded to remain with the Dad and the Law guardian had to abide by his wishes even though she stated that it would not be in his best intrest. The custody order state that split custody is ordered as long as the parents remain living where we are which is 3 miles from eachother. I wish to move from the area and want to know what the process would be? My X will not be agreeable to me relocating with our youngest. Would I have to go through the court again?


Asked on 6/09/10, 9:31 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Paula McGill Attorney at Law

Unfortunately, based on the plain meaning of the custody order, you will have to return to court to modify custody.


Read more
Answered on 6/09/10, 3:08 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New York