Legal Question in Family Law in New York

I have a son with a woman that was still married at the time of his birth. I was not able to be on his birth certificate for this reason. They are now divorced and I would like to have legal rights as his father. Her husband was not on the birth certificates because of restraining orders against him. How do I go about started the process of become my sons legal father?

Asked on 10/03/16, 6:12 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

David Slater David P. Slater, Esq.

You need do bring paternity action.

Read more
Answered on 10/03/16, 8:12 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New York