Legal Question in Family Law in New York

My sons grandfather Wants grandparents rights wants to see him and be around him but he is a criminal , spent his hole life in and out of jail and stolen over 1000 dollars from us. and neither of us ( The childs parents) want him in our lives . he took us to court over it and the judge wont take his criminal background into concideration what are my options?

Asked on 4/29/13, 5:59 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jordan Trager Wisselman, Harounian & Associates, P.C.

Get a lawyer. If both parents object to visitation and he has not established a relationship with the child there is a very good chance of getting his grandparent petition dismissed.

Read more
Answered on 5/01/13, 9:16 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New York