Legal Question in Family Law in New York

my spouse was ordered to pay me spousal support when our divorce was finalized in october.He hasn't paid anything to me.He retired recently and is recieving pension money.can i get my support from these funds?

Asked on 4/30/10, 7:28 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Adelola Sheralynn Dow The Law Offices of Adelola Sheralynn Dow

You need to file a motion for enforcement of your judgment of divorce. The short answer is that you will likely be able to obtain your retroactive and future support from those funds. However, you should consult an attorney with regard to your case. My offices are located on Staten Island and you are free to contact me for a free consultation.

347-286-0226 is my office telephone number.

Read more
Answered on 5/05/10, 7:36 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New York