Legal Question in Family Law in New York

Violation of separation agreement

My husband committed adultery, then abandoned our home to live with the other woman. We got a legal separation, now 1 year old, NYS Supreme Court.

I've followed every single term set forth in the agreement contract. He has violated two of the terms. I was never happy with the separation agreement anyway but felt pressured into it. Nevertheless, as I said, I followed the agreement to the letter.

Is it possible, in light of his violation of the terms, to have the separation agreement voided? Is this a possibility in NYS?

Thank you for your help. I'm still paying off my attorney debt from this separation fiasco and am quite broke. Thank you.

Asked on 11/06/05, 5:17 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Andrew Nitzberg Andrew Nitzberg & Associates

Re: Violation of separation agreement

His violation of the agreement can be used to void the entire agreement. You can also require him to live up to the agreement. You have options.

Read more
Answered on 11/07/05, 4:35 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New York